Savor the quick and flavorful delight of Beef and Onion Stir-Fry with Rice, a satisfying dish that marries tender strips of beef, caramelized onions, and a savory stir-fry sauce. This simple yet delicious recipe promises a balance of textures and tastes, creating a delicious meal perfect for busy weeknights.
Begin by slicing beef into thin strips, ensuring they cook quickly and absorb the flavors of the stir-fry. Season the beef with soy sauce, garlic, and a touch of ginger, allowing the meat to marinate for a brief period to enhance its savory essence.
In a hot wok or large skillet, stir-fry the marinated beef until it achieves a golden-brown sear. The high heat ensures a quick cooking time while preserving the beef’s tenderness. Once cooked, set the beef aside on a plate. In the same wok or skillet, add thinly sliced onions and stir-fry until they caramelize and become golden brown. The caramelization process intensifies the natural sweetness of the onions, adding a delightful dimension to the dish.
Reintroduce the cooked beef to the wok, combining it with the caramelized onions. Pour in a stir-fry sauce made from a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and a dash of sesame oil. Toss the ingredients together, allowing the beef and onions to be coated in the savory and umami-packed sauce.
- 750g Beef (tenderloin or rump steak)
- 250g white basmati rice
- 3 medium onions
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Ground pepper
- Peel and slice the onions. Wash, dry, and finely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the beef into strips and place it in a deep dish. Spread the sliced onions over the meat, drizzle with a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of peanut oil, a tablespoon of water, sprinkle with pepper and cornstarch, and mix well. Let it marinate for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- At the same time, heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok or large skillet. Sauté the beef in small batches for 2 minutes. Remove the meat from the wok, pour a tablespoon of oil, and sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the marinade juice and bring to a boil. Then add the meat, salt, pepper, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the rice in bowls. Divide the beef with the onions among the plates. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve hot.
Serve the Beef and Onion Stir-Fry over a bed of steamed rice, creating a complete and satisfying meal. Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds for added freshness and texture.
This quick and easy Beef and Onion Stir-Fry with Rice is a versatile dish that can be customized with additional vegetables or served with different types of rice. Whether enjoyed as a speedy weeknight dinner or a go-to recipe for a delicious lunch, this stir-fry promises a delightful fusion of flavors that will satisfy your cravings for a tasty and convenient meal.