Coconut and Chocolate Truffles are delectable bite-sized treats that perfectly blend the rich, velvety taste of chocolate with the tropical sweetness of coconut. These indulgent truffles are not only visually appealing but also offer a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
To create Coconut and Chocolate Truffles, a ganache is often made by heating cream and pouring it over finely chopped chocolate. The mixture is then stirred until smooth and silky. To infuse a hint of tropical sweetness, shredded coconut is added to the ganache, providing both flavor and texture to the truffles.
Once the ganache has cooled and set, it is scooped into small portions and rolled into bite-sized balls. These chocolate-coconut orbs are then typically coated in a layer of cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or additional shredded coconut to add an extra layer of flavor and visual appeal.
The result is a luxurious treat with a silky chocolate exterior and a chewy coconut-infused interior. Coconut and Chocolate Truffles are often enjoyed as a standalone indulgence or presented as an elegant addition to dessert platters during special occasions, celebrations, or festive holidays. These truffles showcase the perfect marriage of rich chocolate and tropical coconut, offering a delightful experience for those with a sweet tooth and a penchant for the luxurious combination of these two complementary flavors.
Ingredients: For the Filling:
- 220 g grated coconut
- 200g sugar
- 120 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
For the Coating:
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- 25g butter
- In a saucepan, combine water with sugar and vanilla. Heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. It’s not necessary to boil extensively; the goal is to dissolve the sugar thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut, mixing well to form a cohesive dough.
- Let the mixture cool, preferably resting in the fridge for a couple of hours to make it easier to work with.
- Once cooled, shape the mixture into balls. Use latex gloves or grease your hands with sunflower oil to prevent sticking.
- Melt the chocolate with butter in a double boiler or in the microwave. Mix thoroughly.
- Pierce the coconut balls with a toothpick and dip them evenly on all sides in the melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drain, then place the coated balls on a flat surface lined with parchment paper.
- Keep the coconut and chocolate balls chilled until serving time to ensure the chocolate solidifies.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate-coated coconut balls!