Hawaiian Wedding Cake with Whipped Cream-Cream Cheese Frosting is a mouthwatering dessert that transports your taste buds to the lush and vibrant flavors of the Hawaiian Islands. This delightful creation combines the tropical sweetness of pineapple and coconut with the richness of cream cheese and whipped cream frosting, making it a perfect centerpiece for celebrations and gatherings.
At the heart of this delectable cake is the art of harmonizing diverse flavors and textures. The cake itself is a fluffy, pineapple-infused delight, studded with sweet tidbits of crushed pineapple and often complemented by the delightful chewiness of coconut. What truly elevates this dessert is the dreamy topping—a velvety whipped cream and cream cheese frosting that brings a layer of decadence to the tropical paradise.
In this culinary journey, we’ll explore the origins and appeal of the Hawaiian Wedding Cake, a dessert that has made its way from the islands to kitchens around the world. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the world of baking, we’ll provide insights and tips to help you recreate this tropical masterpiece in your own kitchen, allowing you to share a slice of paradise with family and friends.
Prepare to embark on a journey into the world of Hawaiian Wedding Cake with Whipped Cream-Cream Cheese Frosting, where the sweetness of pineapple, the exotic charm of coconut, and the richness of cream cheese and whipped cream unite to create a tropical celebration in every delightful bite. Whether it graces your wedding or any special occasion, this cake promises to be a taste of the Hawaiian Islands, bringing a touch of paradise to your dessert table.
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 (20-ounce) can of crushed pineapple with its juice.
- 1 cup of finely chopped macadamia nuts (for a unique twist).
- ¾ cup of shredded coconut.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- A pinch of ground cardamom (for an exotic touch).
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Ingredients for the Creamy Coconut Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- A dash of sea salt.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract (for a tropical flavor).
- 1 ½ cups of chilled coconut cream (substitute for heavy whipping cream).
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously greasing a 9-inch round cake pan or a 9×13-inch rectangular pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, and sea salt. Mix them together until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla extract. Then, gently fold in the crushed pineapple with its juice, giving your cake a tropical flair. Stir in the finely chopped macadamia nuts for a delightful twist and add the shredded coconut for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Pour this luscious batter into your prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Your kitchen will be filled with an irresistible aroma!
- While the cake cools, let’s prepare the creamy coconut frosting. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until it’s smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Now, add the coconut extract for a burst of tropical goodness.
- In a separate bowl, whip the chilled coconut cream until it’s light and fluffy. Then, gently fold the whipped coconut cream into the cream cheese mixture. This creates a heavenly, coconut-infused frosting that perfectly complements the pineapple cake.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, generously frost it with the creamy coconut frosting. The combination of pineapple, macadamia nuts, and coconut is pure tropical bliss!
- For an extra touch of paradise, you can sprinkle some toasted coconut on top of the frosting, or decorate with fresh pineapple chunks and macadamia nuts.
- Voila! You’ve just created a tropical pineapple paradise cake that’s not only easy to make but also uniquely delicious. Share it with friends and family to transport them to a sunny island getaway in every bite. Enjoy your tropical dessert adventure!