If you’re looking for a delightful and unique dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, Peach Pie Enchiladas are the perfect treat. This dessert combines the warm and comforting flavors of traditional peach pie with the fun and easy-to-eat form of enchiladas, creating a delightful fusion of two beloved dishes.
Peach Pie Enchiladas consist of juicy, cinnamon-spiced peach slices wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with a buttery cinnamon-sugar mixture, and baked to perfection. The result is a sweet, gooey, and slightly crispy dessert that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
What makes Peach Pie Enchiladas so special is their simplicity and versatility. You can easily whip up a batch of these delicious treats for a family dessert, a potluck, or a special occasion. They’re also an excellent way to make use of fresh, canned, or frozen peaches, making this dessert a year-round favorite. The warm peaches, sweet filling, and tender tortillas make this dish a comfort food classic. You can serve Peach Pie Enchiladas on their own, but they’re even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. This dessert is all about indulgence and making every bite a memorable one.
In this recipe, you’ll find the simple steps to create Peach Pie Enchiladas at home. Whether you’re an experienced home cook or just starting your culinary journey, you’ll be delighted by the ease of preparation and the incredible taste of the final product. So, grab those ripe peaches and tortillas, and let’s start baking Peach Pie Enchiladas for your next dessert adventure.
– 6 8-inch flour tortillas
– 1 (21 oz.) can Peach Pie Filling (brands like Lucky Leaf work well, but you can also make your homemade filling if you prefer)
– 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– ¼ cup water
– ½ cup salted butter
– ⅓ cup granulated sugar
– ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and greasing a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set it aside for later use.
2. Soften the 6 8-inch flour tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds. This will make them more pliable and easier to work with.
3. Divide the can of Peach Pie Filling evenly among the tortillas, placing it down the center of each one. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon on top of the peach filling on each tortilla.
4. Roll up each tortilla and place them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
5. There may be some peach pie filling left in the bottom of the can. Pour ¼ cup of water into the can and stir to release the remaining filling and create a sauce.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup of salted butter, ⅓ cup of granulated sugar, ⅓ cup of packed light brown sugar, and the peach water from the can. Stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, then remove it from the heat.
7. Carefully pour the sugar and butter mixture over the tortillas in the baking dish, ensuring even coverage.
8. In a small bowl, mix together ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle this cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
9. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the enchiladas become golden brown and bubbly. To achieve a caramelized top coating, consider broiling them for 1 to 2 minutes after baking.
10. Allow the enchiladas to cool slightly before serving. They are best enjoyed while warm, and you can elevate the experience by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
These Peach Pie Enchiladas are a delightful treat, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with a unique and tasty dessert. Enjoy the delightful combination of tender peaches, warm cinnamon, and the comfort of soft flour tortillas.