Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are a decadent and irresistible treat that marries the rich flavors of chocolate and peanut butter in a fudgy brownie base. This delightful dessert is a perfect fusion of two beloved flavors, creating a harmonious and indulgent experience.
To create Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, a classic brownie batter is often prepared by combining ingredients such as flour, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, and butter. The batter is then spread into a baking pan.
To add the peanut butter element, miniature peanut butter cups are pressed into the brownie batter before baking. As the brownies bake, the peanut butter cups soften and melt slightly, creating pockets of gooey peanut butter goodness within the chocolatey brownie.
Once baked and cooled, the Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are typically cut into squares, each showcasing the delightful combination of fudgy chocolate and peanut buttery sweetness. The result is a treat that appeals to the lovers of both chocolate and peanut butter, offering a satisfying contrast of textures and flavors. Whether enjoyed as a dessert for special occasions, potlucks, or simple indulgence, Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are a crowd-pleaser that brings together the timeless pairing of chocolate and peanut butter in a delightful and irresistible form.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, softened butter, and water. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda, stir until combined.
- Allow the batter to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for the centers to fall. If not, tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then stir.
- While brownies are still warm, spoon about a tablespoon full of peanut butter into the center of each brownie.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 cup of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator. To reheat the brownies, just pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.