As the vibrant colors of fall paint the landscape, the arrival of pumpkin-flavored delights heralds the season’s warmth and coziness. Among these autumnal treasures, Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies stand as a delightful fusion of comforting flavors and wholesome goodness. These cookies are more than a mere treat—they embody the essence of autumn in every crumb.
At the heart of these cookies lies the star ingredient: pumpkin. Its earthy sweetness not only infuses the cookies with a vibrant hue but also imparts a moistness that elevates each bite to a realm of pure indulgence. Paired with the hearty texture of oats, these cookies offer a delightful contrast—a blend of chewiness and softness that is both comforting and satisfying.
What sets these cookies apart is their ability to capture the essence of the season. They evoke memories of crisp air, crackling leaves, and the aroma of warm spices wafting from the oven. Each bite carries the warmth of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, harmonizing with the creamy richness of pumpkin to create a symphony of flavors that dance on the taste buds.
Perfect for sharing with loved ones or enjoying in solitary bliss with a cup of hot cider, these cookies encapsulate the spirit of autumn. They embody not just a seasonal delicacy but a moment of pure comfort, evoking the feeling of being wrapped in a cozy blanket on a crisp fall day—a sensation that lingers in every delightful bite.
– 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
– 2 1/3 cups flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup melted unsalted sweet cream butter
– 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 1 tablespoon molasses
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 2 eggs
Cinnamon Icing Ingredients:
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 4 tablespoons water
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mats.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, pumpkin puree, sugar, molasses, and vanilla.
4. Add eggs one at a time, whisking until the batter is smooth.
5. Gradually add the oat mixture to the large mixing bowl, stirring until thoroughly combined.
6. Using a cookie scoop, place balls of pumpkin oatmeal cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through. The cookies should turn a rich golden brown when done.
8. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
Cinnamon Icing Directions
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cinnamon, water, and vanilla until a smooth glaze forms.
2. Dip each pumpkin oatmeal cookie face-down into the bowl of glaze, coating the top. Flip them right-side-up and place them on the cooling rack to allow the glaze to set.
3. Repeat with each cookie and finish them off with a sprinkle of cinnamon.