Air Fryer Egg Rolls represent a delightful twist on a beloved classic, offering a healthier and equally delicious alternative to the traditional deep-fried version. These crispy delights encapsulate a medley of flavors and textures, featuring a delectable filling encased in a golden, crunchy shell.
The beauty of these egg rolls lies not just in their satisfying crunch but also in their versatility. They provide a canvas for a wide array of fillings, allowing creativity to flourish in the kitchen. Whether stuffed with savory vegetables, succulent meats, or a combination of both, these parcels are customizable to suit various taste preferences, making them an inviting addition to any dining experience.
One of the standout features of preparing egg rolls in an air fryer is the ability to achieve that coveted crispiness without excessive oil. This cooking method uses hot air circulation to create a perfectly golden and crunchy exterior while preserving the filling’s moisture, resulting in a healthier, lighter dish.
These delightful bites are not only ideal as a snack or appetizer but also as a crowd-pleasing addition to any meal. Their crispy exterior and flavorful filling make them a hit at parties, family gatherings, or even as a fun weekday treat. Whether dipped in a tangy sauce or enjoyed on their own, air fryer egg rolls promise a delightful culinary adventure, elevating the familiar flavors of traditional egg rolls with a healthier and more convenient cooking method.
– tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
– teaspoon ground ginger
– teaspoon cornstarch
– 1 pound 90% or 93% lean ground chicken or turkey (for vegetarian option, substitute crumbled extra-firm tofu, pressed dry)
– 1 tablespoon canola oil, grapeseed oil, or similar high-temperature cooking oil
– 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 8-ounce bag coleslaw mix
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
– 18-20 6-inch square egg roll or spring roll wrappers
– Sweet chili sauce (optional for serving)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk soy sauce, ground ginger, and cornstarch. Add the chicken, ensuring it’s coated with the sauce. Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
2. While marinating, finely chop the mushrooms and mince the garlic.
3. Heat a wok or deep sauté pan over high heat. Add the oil. Once hot, add the marinated chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, approximately 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add coleslaw, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stir-fry until the coleslaw softens, around 3-4 minutes. Incorporate sesame oil and red pepper flakes (if using), then remove from heat and allow it to cool. Adjust seasoning as desired.
5. Assemble the egg rolls: Place an egg roll wrapper like a diamond with a corner pointing down. Place 3 tablespoons of filling in the middle horizontally. Fold the right and left points towards the middle over the filling, then roll up the egg roll away from you. Seal edges with water. Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel to prevent drying.
6. Preheat air fryer to 390°F. Coat the basket with nonstick spray. Arrange egg rolls in a single layer in the basket, seam-side down. Mist the top with nonstick spray. Ensure egg rolls are not touching.
7. Air fry for 9 to 11 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with remaining batches. Keep warm in a 225°F oven between batches if desired. Let cool for a few minutes and serve hot with sweet chili sauce if preferred.