Introducing a heavenly fusion of banana bliss and velvety creaminess: our Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars. This indulgent treat combines the classic allure of Nilla Wafer crust with layers of decadent banana cream cheesecake, creating a dessert that’s not only easy to make but also a delightful symphony of flavors and textures.
To commence this culinary adventure, the crust is crafted by combining Nilla Wafer crumbs with melted butter. Pressed into a square 8×8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper, this crust sets the stage for the layers of creamy goodness that follow. A brief chill in the refrigerator or freezer ensures a firm foundation for the decadence to come.
The filling begins with a delightful blend of heavy whipping cream and sugar whipped to stiff peaks, creating a cloud-like texture. In a separate bowl, cream cheese is whipped until smooth, then blended with instant banana cream pudding mixes, resulting in a luscious and flavorful concoction. The whipped cream is gently folded into the cream cheese mixture, creating a velvety and light cheesecake filling.
Once the crust is adorned with this dreamy filling, the cheesecake is left to chill, allowing the flavors to meld and intensify over 8 hours or overnight. The result is a set of bars with a perfect balance of creaminess and banana-infused delight.
– 3 cups Nilla Wafer (approximately one 11-ounce box) cookie crumbs
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1 pint heavy whipping cream
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 24 ounces cream cheese (3 8-ounce packages), softened
– 2 packages of instant banana cream pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
– Optional garnish: whipped topping and banana slices
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Nilla Wafer crumbs and the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a square 8×8-inch baking pan (a 9×9-inch pan will also work well) lined with a sheet of parchment paper with extra paper sticking up from the edges. Chill the crust in the refrigerator or freezer while you move on to the next steps.
2. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium speed, whip the heavy whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pudding mixes a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the whipped cream and mix until smooth.
4. Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the chilled crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for 8 hours, or overnight.
5. Cut the chilled cheesecake into 9 squares and garnish with whipped topping and banana slices if desired. Serve chilled.
When ready to serve, cut the chilled cheesecake into 9 squares and, if desired, garnish with whipped topping and banana slices for an extra layer of visual and flavor appeal.
Escape to a world of banana-flavored paradise with each delectable bite of our Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars. Whether enjoyed as a delightful treat for yourself or shared among friends and family, these bars are a celebration of the classic combination of bananas and cheesecake.