The Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake is a mouthwatering dish that combines the savory trio of chicken, bacon, and ranch with the comforting appeal of potatoes. This easy-to-make bake is a flavor-packed sensation, creating a harmonious marriage of textures and tastes that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Begin by preparing boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoning them with a blend of ranch seasoning for a burst of zesty flavor. Brown the chicken in a skillet until golden, infusing it with a savory richness that will permeate the entire dish.
Meanwhile, gather potatoes and slice them into thin rounds, providing a hearty and satisfying base for the bake. Assemble the layers in a baking dish, alternating between the seasoned chicken, crispy bacon strips, and the thinly sliced potatoes. The bacon adds a smoky note that complements the savory chicken, while the potatoes provide a comforting and substantial foundation.
To tie everything together, drizzle ranch dressing over the layers, ensuring that the bake is enveloped in the creamy and herb-infused goodness of ranch. This step not only adds moisture but also amplifies the ranch flavor, creating a cohesive and indulgent experience. Bake the dish until the potatoes are tender and the flavors have melded into a delicious amalgamation. The result is a Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake that boasts a golden crust, a creamy interior, and a symphony of flavors that dance on the palate.
- 1.5 pounds baby gold potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup prepared ranch dressing, divided use
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup diced green onion
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 9″x 13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dice the baby gold potatoes into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, mix together the diced potatoes, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup ranch dressing.
- Scoop the potatoes into the prepared baking dish. Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until almost thoroughly cooked (they won’t be fork-tender quite yet).
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl you used for the potatoes and add salt, pepper, and the remaining ¼ cup ranch dressing.
- Once the potatoes have cooked for 30 minutes, remove the baking dish from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (Warning: Baking dish will be VERY hot, so use oven mitts to do this.)
- Place the baking dish back in the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and has reached 165°F (74°C) internal temperature.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and top with shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Place it back in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve this delectable bake as a wholesome family dinner or a crowd-pleasing dish at gatherings. Its winning combination of chicken, bacon, ranch, and potatoes ensures that each bite is a delightful celebration of comforting flavors and satisfying textures, making it a standout addition to your repertoire of go-to meals.