Crockpot Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that effortlessly melds the wholesome goodness of potatoes and the savory richness of hamburger into a delightful one-pot wonder. Ideal for busy days, this slow-cooker soup simplifies the cooking process while delivering a robust and satisfying flavor profile.
Start by browning ground hamburger meat in a skillet, infusing it with a savory depth that will permeate the entire soup. Meanwhile, gather a medley of vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, and onions, chopping them into bite-sized pieces for a rustic touch. The combination of earthy potatoes and sweet carrots adds a hearty foundation to the soup.
Transfer the browned hamburger meat and the vibrant vegetables into the crockpot, creating a base that promises a medley of flavors. To elevate the creaminess, incorporate a velvety blend of chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup. This combination infuses the soup with a luscious texture while allowing the individual flavors to shine.
Season the soup with a medley of herbs and spices, such as thyme, rosemary, and garlic, enhancing the overall depth of taste. Set the crockpot to a slow simmer, allowing the ingredients to meld together over time, creating a harmonious union of textures and flavors. As the Crockpot Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup simmers to perfection, the potatoes become tender, absorbing the savory essence of the broth. The result is a heartwarming soup with a rich, creamy consistency that promises to satisfy even the heartiest appetites.
– 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
– One medium white onion, peeled and cut into cubes
– 1 large garlic clove, minced
– 6 cups chicken broth
– 6 cups russet potatoes, diced
– 2 cups frozen vegetable mix
– 3 teaspoons basil
– 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
1. In a large skillet, fry the ground beef and onions until the onions soften and the ground meat turns brown. Strain the grease.
2. Fry the garlic until brown. Add the beef mixture to the saucepan or stockpot on the stove.
3. Add potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil, and parsley.
4. Cook in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours, over high heat for 3-4 hours, or simmer on the stove until potatoes are tender and beginning to wilt.
5. Whisk the cornstarch with the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta cheese and let it dissolve, stirring occasionally.
6. When the cheese is completely melted, ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Serve this soul-soothing soup on chilly evenings, letting its comforting aroma fill your home. Whether enjoyed as a standalone meal or paired with crusty bread, this crockpot creation is a testament to the ease and warmth that slow-cooked dishes can bring to the table, making it a comforting addition to your repertoire of go-to recipes.