Indulging in the divine marriage of chocolate and peanut butter is an experience that transcends the ordinary, and the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies stand as a delectable testament to this heavenly union. These cookies aren’t just your average sweet treat; they’re an irresistible fusion of rich, velvety chocolate and the nutty, creamy allure of peanut butter, crafted into delightful morsels that captivate the senses.
At the heart of these delectable cookies is the symphony of flavors produced by the harmonious blend of two beloved ingredients. Rich, dark chocolate provides a deep, decadent essence, while creamy peanut butter adds a luxurious and satisfying texture, resulting in an exquisitely balanced flavor profile that’s both comforting and indulgent.
The allure of these cookies isn’t solely in their taste; it’s also in the nostalgic aroma that fills the kitchen as they bake—enticing and comforting, reminiscent of cherished childhood moments or cozy gatherings with loved ones. The act of mixing, scooping, and watching them transform into golden-brown discs of goodness adds to the anticipation of their irresistible allure.
Versatile and beloved by all ages, these cookies are perfect for any occasion. Whether as a delightful after-dinner treat, a lunchbox surprise, or a sweet addition to a festive gathering, their universal appeal makes them a beloved classic.
– ½ cup creamy peanut butter (130g)
– 1½ cups powdered sugar (150g)
– 1½ ounces whole milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (260g)
– ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (25g)
– ¼ cup black cocoa powder (30g)
– 1 (3.4 oz) box instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, unprepared (110g)
– 2 tablespoons powdered milk (10g)
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– 1 cup granulated sugar (220g)
– ½ cup salted butter, softened (113g)
– 1 large egg, room temperature
– 1 additional large egg yolk, room temperature
– 2 ounces whole milk, room temperature
– 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces (167g), plus more for topping
– ¾ cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips (126g), plus more for topping
1. In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and whole milk. Set aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, black cocoa powder, instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, powdered milk, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together granulated sugar and softened salted butter for 1 minute.
4. Add in the large egg and beat until combined. Then mix in the additional large egg yolk, whole milk, and pure vanilla extract until just combined.
5. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat until incorporated. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. If needed, use your hands to evenly mix the dough, preventing overmixing.
6. Fold in Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips until evenly combined.
7. Using a #10 cookie scoop, portion the dough into 9 portions (about 4 to 4.2 ounces each). Flatten and shape each portion into a bowl.
8. Place a 1-ounce ball of peanut butter filling into each cookie dough bowl. Gently fold and shape the dough around the filling, forming a smooth round ball.
9. Place the cookies on the baking sheet, sealed side down, spacing them 3 to 4 inches apart. Optionally, add more Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter chips on top.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are set and the tops have a matte finish. Cookies may seem slightly underdone; they will continue to cook as they cool.
11. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy these soft, delightful cookies once they firm up while cooling.