The Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham is a succulent and flavorful dish that embodies the perfect marriage of sweet and savory. This slow-cooker recipe transforms a simple ham into a show-stopping centerpiece, elevated by the rich combination of brown sugar and pineapple.
At the heart of this dish is a ham, typically spiral-cut for optimal flavor absorption. The magic happens as it slow-cooks in a crockpot, allowing the flavors to meld and the meat to become tender and infused with the delectable sweetness of brown sugar and the tropical brightness of pineapple.
The brown sugar forms a caramelized crust on the ham, creating a delightful balance between sweetness and savory richness. Meanwhile, the pineapple adds a burst of fruity acidity, cutting through the richness and imparting a layer of complexity to the overall flavor profile.
This ham isn’t just a main course; it’s a celebration of flavors and the art of slow-cooking. Whether served at festive occasions, family dinners, or casual gatherings, the Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham invites everyone to savor the tender perfection and irresistible sweetness that defines this classic dish.
- 1 pre-cooked ham, spiral-cut – bone-in or boneless (either will work)
- 3 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw natural honey
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits or chunks – do not drain
- In a large crockpot, over 6-quarts or larger, cover the bottom with only 2 cups of brown sugar.
- Place the ham on top of the brown sugar, slightly open the slices with your hands.
- Pour the honey over the ham, evenly.
- Add the pineapple around the sides (with the juice) and some on top.
- Top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar, making sure it is evenly distributed over the entire top of the ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.