Turtle Lush Cake is a decadent and multi-layered dessert that pays homage to the beloved flavors of turtle candies—pecans, caramel, and chocolate. This indulgent cake showcases the perfect union of textures and tastes, making it a heavenly treat for those with a sweet tooth.
The true indulgence of the Turtle Lush Cake comes with the addition of gooey caramel and chocolate layers. The caramel provides a luscious and sweet depth, while the chocolate layer, often in the form of ganache or chocolate chips, introduces a rich and decadent touch. These layers mimic the flavors found in classic turtle candies, adding a nostalgic and comforting twist to the dessert.
Topping off this symphony of flavors are crunchy and toasted pecans, contributing both texture and a nutty undertone. The final result is a visually stunning and delectable Turtle Lush Cake that encapsulates the essence of a beloved confection in a delightful, layered dessert.
Whether served at celebrations or as a special treat, the Turtle Lush Cake invites indulgence and appreciation for the classic combination of pecans, caramel, and chocolate. Each forkful delivers a blissful journey through layers of sweetness, crunch, and creaminess—a true celebration of dessert craftsmanship.
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces of thawed whipped topping, divided
- 1 5.9-ounce box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk, cold
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl, then press the crumbs into the bottom of a 13×9 dish or pan. Set the crust in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is in the freezer, use an electric hand mixer to blend together the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add 8 ounces of whipped topping and continue mixing at low speed until well mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, add the chocolate pudding mix and cold milk and whisk for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate pudding starts to get thick. Then, let the pudding rest for another 2-3 minutes to thicken more.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie crumb crust. Then sprinkle 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and gently press them into the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese and pecan layers, and finally, spread the remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping over the chocolate pudding. Cover the dessert with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Overnight chilling is best.
- Right before serving, drizzle the caramel sauce and chocolate syrup over the top of the dessert, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Slice and serve chilled.