Crock Pot Turkey Breast is a convenient and flavorful way to prepare a tender and succulent turkey without the need for extensive oven cooking. This slow-cooker recipe simplifies the holiday meal preparation, offering a hassle-free alternative that yields delicious results.
The process typically begins with a bone-in turkey breast, seasoned with a blend of herbs and spices such as rosemary, thyme, garlic, and paprika. The seasoned turkey breast is then placed in a slow cooker, allowing it to cook low and slow, absorbing the flavors and ensuring a moist and tender outcome.
One of the advantages of using a crockpot for turkey is the set-it-and-forget-it nature of the cooking process. As the turkey breast simmers in its own juices, it becomes infused with the aromatic seasonings, creating a savory and aromatic main dish.
The slow-cooking method ensures that the turkey remains juicy and flavorful, and it’s a practical option for those who have limited oven space during busy holiday preparations. The resulting turkey breast can be sliced and served with its own savory juices or used to make sandwiches, wraps, or salads. Crock Pot Turkey Breast is not only a time-saving solution but also a reliable method for achieving a perfectly cooked, flavorful turkey that’s sure to be a hit at any festive gathering. It’s a practical choice for both holiday feasts and everyday meals, providing a hassle-free approach to enjoying a classic roast turkey experience.
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2-3 pound turkey breast with bone, skin-on
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted ** see note
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme, plus more for garnish
- Slice shallots and sprinkle them in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the turkey breast over the shallots, skin side up.
- Melt butter (or brown the butter for more flavor). Add in lemon pepper, salt, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs of thyme. Mix together to fully combine.
- Pour the butter and spice/herb mixture over the top of the turkey breast. Try to keep as much of the mixture on the breast as possible, but some butter run-off is just fine.
- Place the lid on top and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours in the slow cooker. Test the temperature of the thickest part of the turkey breast occasionally so that you do not overcook. Internal temp should reach 165°F.
- Lift the turkey breast from the slow cooker and transfer it to a baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until desired browning and crisp on the skin.
- Slice and serve with gravy.