The Lemon Dump Cake is a simple yet delicious dessert that offers a burst of citrusy goodness. This easy-to-make treat is known for its convenience and vibrant flavor, making it a popular choice for those seeking a delightful dessert with minimal effort.
The foundation of the Lemon Dump Cake is often a base layer of lemon-flavored cake mix, creating a soft and moist texture. The “dump” in its name refers to the uncomplicated preparation method – ingredients are essentially “dumped” into the baking dish, streamlining the cooking process.
On top of the cake mix, a layer of lemon pie filling is generously spread, infusing the dessert with a tangy and refreshing lemon flavor. The combination of the cake mix and pie filling creates a delightful contrast between the light, fluffy cake and the gooey, fruity filling.
To add a bit of crunch and richness, small pats of butter are typically scattered across the top, ensuring a golden and buttery finish during baking. The result is a dessert that strikes a perfect balance between sweetness and tartness, with a texture that ranges from soft to slightly crisp. The Lemon Dump Cake is often baked until golden brown and bubbly, creating a dessert that is not only visually appealing but also irresistibly aromatic. Whether served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoyed on its own, the Lemon Dump Cake is a crowd-pleaser, offering a quick and delightful solution for those craving a taste of zesty sweetness.
- 2 (21-ounce) cans lemon pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, sliced into small squares
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 pan with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Spread the lemon pie filling evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Carefully distribute half of the cake mix over the lemon filling in an even layer.
- Place the sliced cream cheese evenly over the cake mix.
- Top the cream cheese with the remaining cake mix.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I like to gently shake the 9×13 pan once the cake mix is over the top; this helps any excess fall into open areas and prevents dry heaps from forming. Making sure the cake mix is evenly distributed will prevent an unintentional bite of dry cake mix.
- You can use a spoon or a small measuring cup to help control the sprinkling of the cake mix.
- Yellow cake mix can be substituted with lemon, white, vanilla, or French vanilla box cake.
- Serving: 1
- Calories: 295 cal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Sugar: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Calcium: 96mg
- Iron: 1mg