Savor the heartwarming comfort of our Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup, a soul-nourishing medley of ground beef, vibrant vegetables, and savory herbs. This wholesome recipe yields a generous pot of goodness, perfect for cozy family meals. Start by cradling 2 pounds of ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat. As the beef transforms into crumbly, perfectly browned morsels, relish in the savory aroma filling your kitchen. Drain any excess grease, ensuring your soup is lean and flavorful.
Next, introduce the aromatic trio of 4 diced carrots, 4 chopped celery ribs, and a finely chopped onion to the pot, infusing the mixture with depth and texture. Let them dance with the beef for about 5 minutes until the vegetables soften, creating a symphony of flavors. Add 4 peeled and cubed potatoes, along with a harmonious blend of 1 can of tomato sauce, crushed whole tomatoes, undrained peas, drained and rinsed whole kernel corn, and drained and rinsed green beans. Season this delightful medley with ground black pepper to taste, introducing a touch of thyme and the subtle complexity of a bay leaf.
Stir the ingredients until they unite in a colorful mosaic, and, if needed, drizzle 1/4 cup of water over the concoction, ensuring the mixture stays moist throughout its simmering journey. As the soup comes to a gentle simmer, cover the pot and let the alchemy unfold, stirring regularly to ensure every bite is a symphony of flavors.
After about an hour, behold the transformation—the potatoes tender, the vegetables infused with rich flavors. Ladle this Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup into bowls, and relish in the warmth and nourishment it brings. This recipe is not just a meal; it’s a comforting embrace, inviting you to savor the wholesome goodness of a homemade soup made with love.
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 4 carrots, diced
– 4 celery ribs, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
– 15 ounce can peas, undrained
– 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
– 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
– Ground black pepper to taste
– ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
– 1 bay leaf, or more to taste
– ¼ cup water, as needed
1. Crumble the ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
2. Stir in the carrots, celery, and onion into the ground beef. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed whole tomatoes, undrained peas, drained and rinsed corn, and drained and rinsed green beans to the pot. Season the mixture with black pepper. Stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
4. Add thyme and the bay leaf to the pot. Pour 1/4 cup water over the mixture if needed to moisten it, replenishing as necessary while cooking.
5. Bring the soup to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook, stirring regularly, until the potatoes are tender, approximately 1 hour.