Homemade steak seasoning mix adds a burst of flavor that elevates your grilled or pan-seared steaks to new heights. Crafting your own seasoning blend allows for a personalized touch, ensuring a perfect balance of spices to suit your taste preferences. Not only does it enhance the natural flavors of the meat, but it also eliminates the need for store-bought blends laden with preservatives.
To embark on this culinary adventure, gather an assortment of aromatic spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and ground black pepper. Harness the freshness of herbs like thyme, rosemary, and oregano, infusing your blend with a delightful herbal essence. The beauty of making your own mix lies in the ability to tailor the intensity of flavors; increase the cayenne pepper for a spicy kick or add a touch of brown sugar for a hint of sweetness.
Transitioning to a homemade seasoning mix not only enhances taste but also provides a healthier alternative. By controlling the ingredients, you avoid unnecessary additives and excessive salt content. Furthermore, the process is surprisingly simple; just mix the chosen spices in a bowl, ensuring an even distribution. Store your creation in an airtight container for future use, and revel in the convenience of having a go-to seasoning at your fingertips.
Incorporating this homemade steak seasoning mix into your culinary repertoire transforms ordinary meals into extraordinary dining experiences. Experiment with different ratios and ingredients, allowing your creativity to shine through in every sizzling bite. Elevate your steak game with a sprinkle of your personalized blend, unlocking a world of flavors that captivate the palate and leave a lasting impression.
- 2 teaspoons kosher coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Collect all the ingredients in a quarter-liter Ziploc bag and seal it tightly.
- Shake the bag to blend all the ingredients fully.
- Generously cover each side of the steak with the spice mix and let it rest for about 40 minutes. This allows the salt to penetrate the surface through osmosis, helping to break down the muscle fibers and resulting in tender meat.
- During this time, the liquid that initially appeared has time to reabsorb, making the meat juicy.