Imagine a dessert that’s a harmonious blend of zesty lemon and sweet, juicy blueberries, layered between creamy, dreamy clouds of cheesecake filling and delicate sheets of graham cracker crust. This dessert creation is Lemon Blueberry Lasagna, a delightful and refreshing twist on the classic Italian dish, transformed into a luscious, no-bake treat that’s perfect for any season.
Lemon and blueberry are a dynamic duo, offering a burst of vibrant flavor that dances on your taste buds. The bright and tangy notes of lemon complement the rich and sweet profile of blueberries, creating a tantalizing contrast that’s utterly irresistible. When paired together in a dessert, they bring a touch of sunshine and a hint of the summery, making Lemon Blueberry Lasagna a dessert that shines in both warm and cool weather.
What sets this dessert apart is its layered composition, much like its savory Italian namesake. The graham cracker crust forms the sturdy foundation, providing a slightly crunchy and buttery base that beautifully balances the creamy, velvety layers above. The heart of this creation lies in the cheesecake filling, infused with fresh lemon zest and juice, which adds a luscious and citrusy dimension to each bite. The blueberry topping, bursting with the deep, purple-blue hues of ripe berries, crowns the dessert and provides a juicy and fruity explosion of flavor. One of the most delightful aspects of Lemon Blueberry Lasagna is its no-bake nature. You won’t need to fuss with ovens or complicated baking techniques. Instead, this dessert comes together with ease, allowing you to focus on the artistic aspect of layering these delectable ingredients. It’s a perfect choice for those who want to create a show-stopping dessert without the hassle.
As we explore the world of Lemon Blueberry Lasagna, we’ll delve into the key ingredients, the delicate balance of flavors, and the step-by-step process that brings this dessert to life. Whether you’re a seasoned home baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe welcomes you with open arms. Join us in discovering the sweet and tangy symphony that is Lemon Blueberry Lasagna, a dessert that adds a refreshing and vibrant note to any occasion.
For the Oreo Crust:
– 36 Golden Oreo cookies
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Blueberry Cheesecake Layer:
– 2 1/4 cups frozen blueberries (thawed)
– 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (blueberry or plain)
– 5 teaspoons gelatine powder (2x7g envelopes)
– 1/3 cup cold water
– 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
– 2 cups Cool Whip
For the Lemon Pudding Layer:
– 2 (3.4 oz.) packages lemon instant pudding
– 2 1/2 cups cold milk
– 1 cup Cool Whip
– 2 1/2 –3 cups Cool Whip
– 6 oz. white chocolate bar or block, for curls
1. Use a food processor to finely grind the whole Golden Oreo cookies, including the filling.
2. In a bowl, mix the melted butter with the Oreo crumbs until evenly moistened.
3. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch deep dish and place it in the freezer to firm up while you prepare the next layer.
Blueberry Cheesecake Layer:
1. Dissolve the gelatine in 1/3 cup of cold water and set it aside to bloom.
2. In a food processor, combine the thawed blueberries (with their liquid) and Greek yogurt. Pulse and then set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
4. Add the blueberry mixture and mix to combine.
5. Microwave the bloomed gelatine and stir to dissolve it completely. Slowly pour it into the cream cheese mixture while mixing at medium speed.
6. Finally, add the Cool Whip and mix to combine. Scrape down the bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
7. Spread this mixture over the chilled Oreo crust and place it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
Lemon Pudding Layer:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the instant pudding mix with 2 1/2 cups of cold milk and whisk until well combined.
2. Add 1 cup of Cool Whip and whisk until everything is evenly mixed.
3. Spread this lemon pudding layer over the blueberry layer and place it in the freezer to set for about 5-10 minutes.
1. Spread 2-3 cups of Cool Whip over the pudding layer and place the dessert in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
For the white chocolate curls:
1. Carefully use a vegetable peeler to create curls from a bar of white chocolate at room temperature.
2. Sprinkle the white chocolate curls on top of the dessert.
Enjoy your delicious Lemon Blueberry Lasagna!