Embark on a culinary journey that promises to elevate your taste buds to new heights with the tantalizing “Lemon Butter Chicken with Sage” recipe. This exquisite dish is a harmonious blend of vibrant flavors, combining the zesty brightness of lemon, the richness of butter, and the earthy notes of sage. A symphony of tastes unfolds as succulent chicken takes center stage, enveloped in a luxurious sauce that is both comforting and sophisticated.
As the Lemon Butter Chicken with Sage simmers on the stove, your kitchen transforms into a haven of tantalizing aromas. The sizzle of chicken meeting the hot pan, the citrusy fragrance of lemon, and the earthy, herbaceous notes of sage waft through the air, creating an anticipation of the delectable feast to come.
Versatility is a hallmark of this dish. Whether served atop a bed of al dente pasta, accompanied by fluffy rice, or nestled beside roasted vegetables, the Lemon Butter Chicken with Sage adapts effortlessly to various culinary pairings, making it a perfect choice for both casual family dinners and special occasions.
In conclusion, the “Lemon Butter Chicken with Sage” recipe invites you to embrace a culinary experience that transcends the ordinary. Elevate your home-cooking prowess with this symphony of flavors, where the vibrant trio of lemon, butter, and sage transforms a simple chicken dish into a gourmet masterpiece. Prepare to delight your palate and those of your loved ones with this culinary ode to sophistication and taste.
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– ½ cup all-purpose flour
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally and pounded to ¾ inches thick
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– ½ cup butter, plus 2 tablespoons (divided)
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 sprig fresh sage leaves
1. In a shallow bowl, add the beaten eggs. In another shallow dish, place the all-purpose flour. Set aside.
2. Lay a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on top of the chicken breasts and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound each one to an even thickness of about ¾ inch.
3. Season both sides of the breasts with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Dip each piece, one at a time, into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture. Ensure excess egg drips back into the bowl before flouring and shake off any extra flour. Repeat for all breasts.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt ½ cup of butter and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the sprig of sage, cooking for two to three minutes. Remove the sage, place it on a paper towel, and save for garnish.
5. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, cooking for about three minutes or until they achieve a light golden brown color. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional three minutes, basting it several times with the butter mixture.
6. Keep the chicken in the skillet, add the extra two tablespoons of butter. Once melted, remove the skillet from heat, add the lemon juice, and swirl the pan to mix the lemon juice and butter. Spoon the mixture over the breasts.
7. Serve immediately, topped with a spoonful of the lemon butter, and garnish with lemon slices and bits of the cooked sage. Enjoy your culinary masterpiece!