Embark on a delectable journey through the comforting embrace of autumn flavors with the irresistible “Maple Cookies with Maple Icing.” In the world of sweet treats, this recipe stands as a testament to the harmonious marriage of rich, buttery cookies infused with the warm, amber notes of pure maple syrup, crowned with a velvety layer of maple-infused icing.
The heart of this recipe lies in the use of real maple syrup, a natural elixir extracted from the majestic maple trees that dot the autumn landscape. This liquid gold not only sweetens the cookies but imparts a distinctive warmth and complexity that elevates them to a level of indulgence beyond the ordinary. The cookie dough, crafted with precision, unfolds in the oven, filling your kitchen with a fragrance that beckons all who enter.
To complete this symphony of maple bliss, each cookie is adorned with a luscious coat of maple icing. This velvety topping not only adds a decadent layer of sweetness but also serves as a canvas for the rich, earthy undertones of maple, creating a perfect union of texture and flavor.
Whether you’re savoring these cookies with a steaming cup of coffee on a chilly morning or presenting them as a delightful dessert at a festive gathering, the “Maple Cookies with Maple Icing” promise to be a crowd-pleaser. Get ready to fall in love with the quintessential taste of autumn encapsulated in every bite, as these cookies become a cherished addition to your seasonal repertoire.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 tsp maple extract
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– Pinch of salt
– 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in buttermilk and mix until combined.
5. Add salt, vanilla extract, maple extract, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix well.
6. Add half of the flour, mix until combined, then add the remaining flour and mix together.
7. Drop dough by 2-tablespoon scoops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Do not overbake; cookies will be pale in color.
8. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
2. Add milk, maple syrup, and salt, and boil again for 1 minute while whisking.
3. Turn off the heat and cool for 15 minutes, then add powdered sugar, whisking until it reaches a glue-like consistency. If too thick, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
4. Quickly spread the icing over cooled cookies. The icing will thicken as it cools; add more milk as needed to spread it easily over each cookie.
5. Allow the icing to set up before storing the cookies in a covered container. Enjoy the delightful sweetness of these maple-infused treats!