Dive into the vibrant world of Tex-Mex cuisine with the enticing “One Pot Chicken Enchilada Skillet,” a culinary journey that brings together the bold flavors of enchiladas in a convenient one-pan masterpiece. This recipe is a celebration of efficiency without compromising on taste, offering a hassle-free approach to crafting a delectable and comforting meal.
Picture this: succulent chicken, savory enchilada sauce, and a medley of colorful vegetables all simmering together in a single skillet, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors. The allure of this dish lies not only in its tantalizing taste but also in the simplicity of its preparation. With just one pot and a handful of wholesome ingredients, you can recreate the essence of a classic enchilada feast in a fraction of the time.
This skillet dish is incredibly versatile, making it suitable for busy weeknights, casual family dinners, or entertaining friends. The aroma of Mexican spices fills the air as you watch the ingredients come together, promising a savory and comforting meal that transcends the ordinary. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a kitchen novice, the One Pot Chicken Enchilada Skillet invites you to embrace the joy of cooking without the fuss.
So, gather your ingredients, heat up that skillet, and let the magic unfold. Experience the convenience and flavor harmony of a Tex-Mex favorite with the One Pot Chicken Enchilada Skillet—a dish that promises to elevate your dining experience while simplifying your time in the kitchen. Get ready to savor the rich, savory goodness in every forkful as you embark on a delightful journey into the heart of Tex-Mex comfort cuisine.
– 1 tsp canola oil
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp cumin
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 16 oz jar enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup water
– 4 corn tortillas, quartered
– 4 cups shredded chicken
– 15 oz can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
– 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Heat the canola oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions, garlic, cumin, and salt until the onions are soft and fragrant.
2. Transfer the sautéed mixture to a large bowl and add in the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and water. Mix thoroughly to create a flavorful base.
3. Incorporate the shredded chicken, quartered tortillas, and black beans into the sauce. Stir the ingredients to ensure an even coating.
4. Transfer the mixture back to the hot skillet and cook until warmed through. As the final touch, evenly spread the Mexican cheese blend on top, allowing it to melt into a gooey, irresistible layer.
5. To achieve that perfect melt, either leave the skillet on the stove or place it in a 500-degree oven.
6. Serve immediately, allowing each diner to customize their dish with toppings like sour cream, jalapeños, avocado, or cilantro.