Imagine a decadent marriage of velvety cheesecake and the beloved crunch of Oreo cookies—a dessert dream come true. The Oreo Cheesecake, an epitome of indulgence, encapsulates the richness of creamy cheesecake perfectly harmonized with the iconic flavors of everyone’s favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
This dessert spectacle presents a symphony of textures and tastes, where each forkful unravels a delicious narrative. The base, a blend of crushed Oreo cookies and butter, creates a robust foundation, offering a delightful contrast between the smooth filling and the crumbly, chocolatey crust. It’s an interplay of creamy and crunchy that tantalizes the senses from the first bite to the last.
Moreover, its versatility is undeniable—adaptable to various presentations, be it a traditional round cake or cute individual servings in cupcake form. Its popularity knows no bounds, transcending dessert cravings to become a celebrated icon in the world of sweet indulgences.
The Oreo Cheesecake is more than a dessert; it’s a celebration—a testament to the fusion of classic flavors that bring joy, comfort, and sheer delight. So, whether for a special celebration or a moment of self-indulgence, this cheesecake embodies the epitome of heavenly sweetness, inviting you to savor a symphony of flavors that is undeniably irresistible.
*For the crust:*
– 32 Oreo cookies* (367 grams), divided (regular-stuffed, keeping filling intact)
– 4 tablespoons (57 grams) melted butter
*For the filling:*
– 32 ounces (907 grams) cream cheese, completely softened to room temperature
– 5 large eggs, at room temperature
– 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup (119 grams) sour cream, at room temperature
– 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
– 20 Oreo cookies (230 grams), quartered
*For the ganache:*
– 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup (119 grams) heavy cream
*Optional whipped cream:*
– 1 cup (237 grams) cold heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Using a food processor, finely grind the cookies until they become crumbs. Set aside ¼ cup of the crumbled Oreo in a sealed container for later use.
2. Add melted butter to the cookie crumbs and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch nonstick springform pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Keep the oven on at the same temperature.
3. While the crust bakes, beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Scrape down the bowl’s sides and bottom, then add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix on low until combined. Fold in the quartered Oreo cookies.
4. Pour the batter into the baked crust. Bake for about 1 hour until set, with slightly dry edges and top. Allow a slight wobble in the middle. Turn off the oven, leaving the door slightly open with a wooden spoon for 30 minutes to cool the cheesecake gradually.
5. Run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to release it from the sides. Cool the cheesecake completely on a wire rack for 2-3 hours, then refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
6. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream in a saucepan until simmering, then pour over the chocolate chips. After 3 minutes, stir until smooth. Let it thicken slightly, then pour it over the cheesecake evenly. Refrigerate to set the ganache.
*Optional Whipped Cream:*
7. Using an electric mixer, whip cold cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread half of the whipped cream over the ganache. Pipe swirls with the remaining whipped cream using a piping bag and Wilton 1M tip. Sprinkle saved Oreo crumbs on the swirls and spread the remaining crumbs gently on the cheesecake’s center. Enjoy your decadent Oreo Cheesecake!