Pasta shells with ground beef is a mouthwatering dish that combines the rich flavors of tender beef and al dente pasta. This delightful recipe is a perfect choice for those seeking a hearty and satisfying meal. In this culinary creation, ground beef takes center stage, infusing the dish with its savory essence. Meanwhile, pasta shells provide a comforting canvas that cradles the beef in every bite.
To begin, let’s delve into the ingredients you’ll need to craft this delectable dish. First, you’ll require pasta shells, which serve as the foundation of the meal. These pasta shells act as the ideal vessel for holding the savory ground beef and a luscious tomato sauce.
Now, let’s transition to the preparation process. You’ll start by browning the ground beef in a skillet, a critical step in releasing its tantalizing aromas and flavors. While this occurs, the pasta shells should be boiling to perfection in a separate pot. This double-duty approach ensures efficiency in the kitchen.
As the ground beef continues to cook, you’ll have the opportunity to infuse it with an array of spices and seasonings, enhancing its depth and complexity. Onion, garlic, oregano, and basil are among the key players in this flavor symphony. Transitioning back to the pasta shells, they should be drained and set aside, patiently awaiting their flavorful companion.
Once the beef is browned and seasoned to your liking, you’ll combine it with a robust tomato sauce, creating a harmonious marriage of tastes. This mixture is then gently folded into the pasta shells, filling them with a rich, meaty goodness. Finally, a sprinkle of cheese on top is the finishing touch, adding a creamy, indulgent layer to the dish.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- Black pepper
- Sazon perfecta seasoning
- 2 cups medium-sized pasta shells
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons granulated Knorr chicken bouillon
- 4 tablespoons granulated Knorr tomato bouillon
- 3 serrano chiles, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can Rotel
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- Garlic and onion powder to taste
- 2 packets of red Sazon
- 1 bay leaf
- In a deep skillet, brown the ground beef with chopped garlic, black pepper, and Sazon perfecta seasoning over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, brown the pasta shells in 1/4 cup of oil (similar to browning rice-a-Roni) in a deep skillet.
- Drain the grease from the ground beef and add the meat to the pasta shells.
- Add water, granulated Knorr chicken bouillon, diced serrano chiles, granulated Knorr tomato bouillon, half of the onion, Rotel, a handful of chopped cilantro, red Sazon, bay leaf, and garlic and onion powder according to your taste.
- Stir and cover. Finally, cook on medium-high heat until the shells are al dente.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!