Indulge in the perfect fusion of two classic desserts with the delightful Peach Cobbler Pound Cake. This culinary creation marries the rich and buttery goodness of pound cake with the sweet and comforting essence of peach cobbler, resulting in a heavenly treat that is both satisfying and indulgent.
Start by selecting ripe, juicy peaches that will impart their natural sweetness to the cake. Peel and slice the peaches, allowing their succulent flavor to shine through in every bite. These peach slices will be interspersed throughout the pound cake, creating pockets of fruity delight. The pound cake batter, enriched with butter, sugar, and vanilla, serves as the lush backdrop for the peach infusion. Gently fold the peach slices into the batter, ensuring an even distribution. This process transforms the classic pound cake into a peachy paradise, where every slice promises a burst of fruity goodness.
As the Peach Cobbler Pound Cake bakes, the tantalizing aroma of ripe peaches and rich pound cake wafts through the kitchen. The cake develops a golden-brown crust while maintaining a moist and tender crumb, creating a delightful contrast of textures. To elevate the cobbler essence, a streusel topping is prepared.
A mixture of flour, sugar, and butter is combined to form a crumbly texture that adds a crunchy layer to the cake. Sprinkle this streusel generously over the cake before it enters the oven, ensuring a delightful contrast to the softness of the peaches and the richness of the pound cake.
For the Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced peaches, fresh or canned (with juices drained off)
- 2 peaches, sliced (fresh or 8 oz canned sliced peaches with juices drained)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk (adjust to desired thickness)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar for sprinkling on the cake
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and generously grease a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure the batter is fully mixed. Add the salt.
- Gently fold the diced peaches into the cake batter. Set the batter aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and mix it with the brown sugar. Place the sliced peaches in the bottom of the greased bundt pan and cover them with the brown sugar and melted butter mixture.
- Pour the cake batter on top, making it as even as possible. Tap the bundt pan on the work surface to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely (20-30 minutes).
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. Whisk together confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Gradually add milk until the glaze reaches the desired consistency.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, invert it onto your favorite cake plate. Drizzle the glaze on top.
Once baked to perfection, the Peach Cobbler Pound Cake is a visual and gastronomic masterpiece. Serve it warm, allowing the streusel to provide a delightful crunch while the peach-infused pound cake melts in your mouth. Whether enjoyed as a dessert centerpiece or a delightful afternoon treat, this cake promises to capture the essence of peach cobbler in a classic pound cake, making it a memorable and comforting indulgence.