Peanut Butter Bars are a delectable treat that marries the rich, nutty goodness of peanut butter with a sweet and chewy texture. These bars are a favorite among peanut butter enthusiasts, offering a convenient and satisfying way to enjoy this beloved flavor.
The foundation of Peanut Butter Bars typically involves a simple yet irresistible combination of ingredients. A buttery graham cracker or cookie crust forms the base, providing a delightful contrast to the creamy peanut butter layer that comes next. The peanut butter filling is often a luscious blend of smooth peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, and butter, creating a decadent and velvety consistency.
What sets these bars apart is the versatility in their presentation. Some recipes include a layer of chocolate ganache on top, adding a luxurious touch that complements the nutty sweetness. Others incorporate chopped nuts, providing a crunchy element that enhances the overall texture.
Peanut Butter Bars are not just celebrated for their taste but also for their ease of preparation. They are a popular homemade treat, perfect for gatherings, potlucks, or as a delightful snack for any occasion. The bars can be cut into squares or rectangles, making them a convenient and shareable dessert option. Whether enjoyed as a lunchbox surprise, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a crowd-pleasing dessert, Peanut Butter Bars encapsulate the timeless appeal of peanut butter in a convenient and delicious form. With their irresistible combination of sweet and savory flavors, these bars continue to hold a special place in the hearts (and taste buds) of those who appreciate the classic pairing of peanut butter and sweetness.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar (start with 4 cups and add more if too wet)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons festive sprinkles (optional)
- Line an 8×8” or 9×9″ dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and softened butter. Blend on medium speed with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Alternatively, use the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt to the peanut butter mixture and blend to combine.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing on low speed in between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you add. Start with 4 cups, but you may need a little more if the peanut butter is too wet.
- Mix just until the sugar is incorporated, and the dough looks like large crumbles.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and press it down into an even layer. For an extra smooth top, place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over the top and press the dough down until flat.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir, and repeat for 2 other 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture and spread it out evenly.
- Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.