The Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is a delicious twist on the iconic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, transforming its mouthwatering flavors into a convenient and comforting casserole. This hearty dish combines tender strips of beef, sautéed peppers and onions, and a generous amount of melted cheese for a delightful and satisfying meal.
To create this scrumptious casserole, you’ll need several essential ingredients. Thinly sliced beef, such as ribeye or sirloin, serves as the star of the dish, providing the authentic Philly cheesesteak flavor. Sautéed bell peppers and onions contribute a sweet and savory dimension, while generous amounts of cheese, often provolone or American, create that iconic gooey goodness. The preparation process begins by thinly slicing the beef into strips. Then, the beef is quickly seared in a skillet to ensure it remains tender and flavorful.
In a separate skillet, the bell peppers and onions are sautéed until they become soft and slightly caramelized. This step adds a burst of vibrant flavor and a wonderful contrast to the tender beef. Once the beef and sautéed vegetables are ready, they are combined in a baking dish. The dish is then generously covered with shredded cheese, which melts into a gooey, cheesy topping, capturing the essence of the classic Philly cheesesteak.
The casserole is baked until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, creating an irresistible, cheesy crust. In conclusion, the Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is a delectable transformation of the famous Philly cheesesteak into a convenient and satisfying casserole. With its tender beef, sautéed peppers and onions, and generous layers of melted cheese, this dish offers a hearty and flavorful meal that’s sure to please your palate. Now, let’s explore the step-by-step process of creating this savory casserole in your own kitchen.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Seasoned salt
- 8 Slices Provolone cheese
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 C. Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove, begin to brown the ground beef.
- When the meat is partially browned, add the onions and bell peppers to the skillet. Cook until the meat is completely browned, and the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the seasoned salt and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for another 30 seconds. Drain any excess grease.
- Layer the browned beef in the bottom of a well-greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Top the beef with the slices of Provolone cheese.
- Mix together the heavy whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs in a bowl, and pour this mixture over the meat and cheese in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the dish is cooked through.
Enjoy your delicious meal!