Praline Crunch is a delightful treat that tantalizes taste buds with its sweet, nutty goodness. This beloved confection blends the richness of caramelized sugar with the satisfying crunch of nuts, offering a symphony of flavors and textures. Rooted in Southern cuisine and boasting a delightful simplicity, Praline Crunch is a go-to dessert or snack for those seeking a mix of sugary sweetness and a nutty bite.
At its core, Praline Crunch comprises just a few ingredients that come together harmoniously to create a memorable treat. The star of the show is the praline itself—a blend of sugar, butter, and often pecans or other nuts—carefully cooked to a delectable caramelized consistency. This mixture is then spread thin and allowed to cool until solid, offering a satisfying crunch upon each bite.
The magic of Praline Crunch lies not only in its taste but also in its versatility. It can be served in various forms, from broken chunks resembling brittle to finely crushed pieces used to top ice creams, yogurts, or other desserts. Its sweet, nutty profile enhances everything it accompanies, making it an ideal addition to both sweet and savory dishes.
Whether enjoyed as a standalone delight or incorporated into other culinary creations, Praline Crunch adds a touch of sweetness and crunch that elevates any dish or moment. Its timeless appeal and comforting flavors make it a cherished classic that continues to captivate dessert enthusiasts and anyone with a penchant for nutty, sugary delights.
8 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups pecan halves (preferably salted)
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup corn syrup
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
2. Combine the Crispix cereal and pecans in a large bowl.
3. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and baking soda until well combined.
5. Pour the hot syrup over the cereal and pecan mixture, ensuring an even coating by tossing it gently until everything is well coated.
6. Spread the coated mixture evenly into a 9×13-inch baking pan.
7. Bake for about 1 hour, stirring the mixture every 20 minutes to ensure even baking.
8. Once baked, pour the mixture onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper to cool down.
9. Once cooled, break the Praline Crunch into desirable pieces for serving.