The Salmon Shrimp Alfredo is a delectable pasta dish that combines the succulence of salmon and shrimp with a creamy Alfredo sauce, creating a rich and satisfying meal. This indulgent recipe is perfect for seafood lovers looking to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish at home.
To embark on crafting this flavorful dish, gather the essential ingredients. Fresh salmon fillets and shrimp serve as the seafood stars, while fettuccine pasta provides a hearty base for the dish. The Alfredo sauce is made with butter, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and a touch of seasoning, resulting in a velvety and decadent sauce. The preparation process begins by cooking the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Meanwhile, the salmon and shrimp are seasoned and cooked to perfection, ensuring they are tender and flavorful.
In a separate pan, the Alfredo sauce is prepared by melting butter, sautéing minced garlic until fragrant, and then adding heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. This mixture is simmered until it thickens, creating a luscious and creamy sauce. The cooked pasta is combined with the Alfredo sauce, and the salmon and shrimp are gently folded in, ensuring they are evenly coated with the velvety sauce. This combination of seafood and pasta allows the flavors to meld together, creating a harmonious and indulgent dish.
To elevate the presentation, the Salmon Shrimp Alfredo can be garnished with fresh parsley, additional Parmesan cheese, or a squeeze of lemon juice for a burst of brightness.
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 6-8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Prego Basil Pesto
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 3/4 box penne pasta
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Wash shrimp and salmon, then pat dry. Season the shrimp and salmon with seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain and set aside.
- In a clean pan, add 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are pink and golden brown. Remove them and set aside.
- In another clean pan, add 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Cook the salmon for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until done and golden brown.
- In a separate pan, melt 6 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant. Add the heavy whipping cream and mix. Add the pesto and mix again.
- Add Parmesan cheese and continuously mix. Season the sauce heavily. Mix until the sauce starts to thicken (3-5 mins).
- Add the cooked noodles to the sauce and make sure they are coated. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Add a pinch of fresh parsley and mix thoroughly. Plate the noodles, top with salmon and shrimp. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
In conclusion, the Salmon Shrimp Alfredo is a luxurious pasta dish that brings together the delicate flavors of salmon and shrimp with a creamy Alfredo sauce. This recipe is a wonderful choice for a special dinner or any occasion when you want to treat yourself to a restaurant-worthy seafood indulgence at home. Now, let’s explore the step-by-step process of creating this mouthwatering Salmon Shrimp Alfredo in your own kitchen.