The Ground Beef Ramen Skillet is a mouthwatering fusion that marries the rich, umami flavors of ground beef with the beloved simplicity and comfort of ramen noodles. This dish offers a quick and flavorful solution for a satisfying meal, perfect for busy evenings or when you crave a cozy, hearty dinner.
What sets this skillet apart is its ease of preparation without compromising on taste. Ground beef, seasoned and browned to savory perfection, forms the flavorful base. Combined with an array of vegetables and complemented by the addition of ramen noodles, this dish becomes a symphony of textures and tastes.
The magic lies in the harmonious blend of the umami-rich beef, the tender-crisp veggies, and the slurp-worthy noodles, all simmered in a delectable sauce that soaks into every ingredient, ensuring each bite is a delightful medley of flavors.
The beauty of the Ground Beef Ramen Skillet is its versatility. It can be easily customized with various vegetables, herbs, or spices to suit personal preferences or make use of whatever ingredients are on hand, making it a go-to option for a delicious and practical one-pan meal.
This skillet not only tantalizes the taste buds but also offers a balance between convenience and homemade goodness. Whether served as a quick family dinner or a solo meal, this dish embodies the essence of comfort food with its warm, satisfying, and effortlessly flavorful nature.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of diced broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup of carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 3 packages of instant ramen noodles (discard the seasoning packets)
For the Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Minced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Combine the sauce ingredients (cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, Sriracha, and black pepper) in a small bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté the sliced onion until it’s soft, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add ginger and garlic. Stir for about 15 seconds before pushing them to the side of the skillet.
- Increase the heat to high, then add the ground beef. Let it sit undisturbed for 30 seconds, then break it apart with a spoon or spatula. Cook until it’s no longer pink.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and cook for 1 1/2 minutes less than the package directions suggest. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil, then set them aside.
- Lower the skillet’s heat to medium-high, add the bell pepper, broccoli, and carrots. Cook until they’re crisp-tender, stirring occasionally (about 3-4 minutes).
- Stir the sauce and add it to the skillet along with the ramen noodles. Toss everything with tongs until the sauce thickens and coats all the ingredients, which should take 2-4 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with minced green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy your unique and flavorful creation!