Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini is a delightful Italian-American dish that combines the rich flavors of creamy pasta with tender chicken and a touch of elegance. This comforting and satisfying casserole has become a classic in American home kitchens, loved for its creamy texture and harmonious blend of flavors.
The history of Chicken Tetrazzini is intriguing, and its origins can be traced back to early 20th-century America. The dish is named after the famous Italian opera singer, Luisa Tetrazzini, who was a beloved international sensation. In honor of her visit to the United States, a dish was created and named after her, combining pasta, cream, and poultry to create a creamy and indulgent masterpiece. What makes Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini truly special is its versatility. It’s a wonderful way to use leftover chicken, transforming it into a hearty, crowd-pleasing meal. The creamy sauce, laced with Parmesan and sherry, coats the pasta and chicken with a rich, velvety texture that’s hard to resist.
This recipe is not just about great taste; it’s also about convenience. Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini is a one-pan wonder that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners or for serving a crowd. It can be prepared in advance and reheated, making it a practical choice for meal planning.
In this article, we’ll take you through the steps of making this beloved classic, sharing tips and variations to suit your taste. Whether you’re cooking for your family, friends, or just yourself, Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini is a timeless dish that brings warmth and comfort to any table. So, let’s dive into the world of flavors, textures, and culinary history that makes Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini a true American classic.
– 12 oz. Linguine pasta
– ½ cup butter, melted
– 20 oz. cream of mushroom soup*
– 2 cups sour cream
– ½ cup chicken broth
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– ½ tsp black pepper
– ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
– 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
– ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the linguine pasta according to the package instructions until it reaches al dente perfection.
2. Preheat your oven to a comfortable 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13″ casserole dish with non-stick spray, ensuring nothing sticks, and set it aside.
3. While the pasta is cooking, let’s prepare the delicious sauce. In a spacious bowl, blend together the melted butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Whisk diligently until you achieve a smooth and harmonious mixture.
4. Now, introduce the freshly chopped parsley, the cooked and shredded chicken, and the beautifully drained cooked pasta into the mix. Stir with care until all the ingredients become well-acquainted. Pour this creamy pasta amalgamation into your awaiting casserole dish.
5. It’s time to add a layer of cheesy goodness. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top, generously covering the creamy mixture.
6. Cover your dish with foil and place it in the preheated oven. Let it bake for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until the center is bubbling with excitement.
7. As a final touch, garnish with more freshly chopped parsley to add a burst of color and flavor. Now, you’re ready to enjoy this delectable Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini!