Lemon Velvet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is a refreshing and delightful dessert that bursts with the vibrant flavors of lemon. This exquisite treat combines the light and velvety texture of a lemon-infused cake with the creamy, tangy allure of a lemon cream cheese frosting. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create this mouthwatering dessert, providing insights into the key ingredients and techniques that will make your Lemon Velvet Cake an unforgettable culinary experience.
A Symphony of Lemon Lemons are celebrated for their invigorating and zesty flavor, and this dessert is a perfect showcase of their citrusy charm. The cake batter is imbued with lemon zest and fresh lemon juice, infusing every bite with a bright and tangy citrus sensation. The lemon cream cheese frosting continues the theme, offering a luscious and creamy topping that balances the cake’s zing with a rich, smooth finish.
Velvety Cake Texture The term “velvet” in Lemon Velvet Cake refers to the cake’s luxurious, tender, and moist crumb. Achieving this texture involves careful mixing and precise measurements, resulting in a cake that practically melts in your mouth. The use of buttermilk and oil in the batter adds to the cake’s moisture, and the combination of baking soda and baking powder ensures a perfect rise.
The Magic of Cream Cheese Frosting Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is the crowning glory of this dessert. Cream cheese offers a delectable richness while allowing the lemon’s sharpness to shine. The smooth consistency makes it easy to spread over the cake, creating a visually appealing and luscious finish. The contrast of sweet and tangy is a match made in dessert heaven.
- 1 and ¾ cups of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- ⅓ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 oz of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the room-temperature butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Mix in the fresh lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- After baking, allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove them from the pans and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room-temperature cream cheese and butter together until they are creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Beat until the frosting is smooth and well combined.
- Once the frosting is ready, cover the cooled cake layers with it, and enjoy your delightful Lemon Velvet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
This Lemon Velvet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is ideal for those who appreciate a light and refreshing dessert. It strikes a perfect balance between sweet and tangy lemon flavors, complemented by the smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting. This recipe is straightforward to follow and is guaranteed to impress anyone fortunate enough to taste it. So, give it a try and share it with your loved ones – they’ll undoubtedly be asking for seconds!