The Steak Fajita Bowl is a culinary marvel that encapsulates the vibrant and savory essence of Mexican cuisine in a single, satisfying dish. Bursting with flavors and textures, this bowl offers a harmonious combination of tender, seasoned steak, sizzling peppers and onions, alongside an array of colorful toppings, all atop a bed of rice or grains.
What sets the Steak Fajita Bowl apart is its versatility and customization. The components, from the choice of steak cuts to the selection of toppings, offer endless possibilities for personalization. Whether opting for a classic approach with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream, or exploring diverse textures with fresh herbs, shredded cheese, or a squeeze of lime, each addition enhances the bowl’s complexity, creating a symphony of flavors.
The assembly of this dish is an art form in itself. The steak, marinated in a blend of spices, is seared to perfection, releasing its succulent juices and capturing the essence of the grill. The peppers and onions, cooked until tender-crisp, infuse the bowl with a delightful crunch and a burst of sweet and savory notes.
The Steak Fajita Bowl isn’t just a meal; it’s an experience. It invites diners to craft their culinary adventure, combining flavors and textures to suit their preferences. Whether enjoyed as a quick weeknight dinner, a hearty lunch, or a celebratory feast among friends and family, this dish embodies the spirit of conviviality and indulgence. With each bite, it invites you to savor the cultural richness and culinary heritage it represents, bringing the essence of Mexico to your table in a vibrant and delectable manner.
– 12 oz corn (grilled, boiled, or frozen)
– 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
– 1–2 diced jalapeños (seeds and membrane removed)
– 1/2 diced red onion
– 2 teaspoons lime zest
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
– 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
– 1.5 pound flank steak*
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
– Zest of 2 limes
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten-free)
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1–2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
– 2–3 tablespoons chicken broth (more if needed)
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1/2 sliced red onion
– 1/2 sliced yellow onion
– 3 sliced bell peppers (red, green, orange)
– 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
– Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
**Other Fajita Toppings and Serving Suggestions:**
– Cilantro lime rice (homemade or store-bought)
– Cilantro lime sauce
– Guacamole or avocado chunks
– Tomatoes or salsa
– Sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
– Lime wedges
– Fresh cilantro
1. **Make Corn Salsa:** Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Adjust salt, cilantro, or lime juice to taste.
2. **Prepare Steak:** Season steak with salt and pepper. Place it in a large reusable silicone bag or glass baking dish.
3. **Marinate Steak:** Whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, garlic, soy sauce, kosher salt, and cilantro (if using). Pour the marinade over the steak, coating it fully. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. **Cook Steak:** Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Sear the flank steak for 4-5 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temperature of 130-135°F for medium-rare. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. **Cook Veggies:** In the same skillet, add chicken broth to deglaze. Sauté garlic, then add onions, bell peppers, and fajita seasoning. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies reach desired tenderness.
6. **Finish Veggies:** Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
7. **Serve:** Slice the rested steak thinly against the grain. In bowls, assemble cilantro lime rice, steak, fajita veggies, corn salsa, guacamole, sour cream, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, and lime wedges. Enjoy!