Taco Pizza is a fusion of two beloved classics, combining the zesty, bold flavors of tacos with the familiar comfort of pizza. It’s a delightful creation that offers the best of both worlds, delivering a fiesta of taste in every slice.
What sets this pizza apart is its unique combination of taco elements on a pizza crust. The base is often spread with a layer of refried beans or a zesty tomato sauce, then topped with seasoned ground beef, vibrant vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, and peppers, and a generous helping of shredded cheese. After baking, it’s typically finished with cool toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
The beauty of Taco Pizza lies in its ability to transform the beloved taco experience into a shareable, pizza-style delight. Whether served as a family dinner or at a gathering with friends, it’s a fun and customizable dish that allows for a variety of toppings to suit individual tastes.
This pizza isn’t just a meal; it’s a celebration of creative culinary mash-ups. Whether shared among a group or savored in a casual dinner setting, Taco Pizza brings a festive, south-of-the-border flair to the traditional pizza night, creating a flavorful experience that’s both familiar and exciting.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans (jalapeño kind if preferred)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet, then drain off excess fat. Add the taco seasoning mix according to the package directions.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them in an ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press the dough over the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake in the 375°F oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Microwave the beans in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 minute. Carefully spread the beans over the warm crust to create a thin layer.
- Top the beans with the cooked beef mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, and green onions.
- Return the pan to the oven for an additional 3-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. This recipe makes either 12 main dish servings or 48 appetizer servings.