Indulge in the invigorating burst of citrus with our easy-to-follow recipe for a homemade Key Lime Pie. This delightful dessert promises to tantalize your taste buds with its zesty and tangy flavor profile, creating a refreshing sensation that is perfect for any occasion. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can effortlessly whip up this culinary masterpiece that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
To begin, gather the key components of this recipe: fresh key limes, graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and butter. The foundation of the pie, a buttery graham cracker crust, serves as the ideal complement to the vibrant lime filling. Combine the crumbs with melted butter, press the mixture into a pie dish, and bake it until golden brown for a crisp and flavorful base.
The heart of the Key Lime Pie lies in the luscious filling, crafted from the juice of freshly squeezed key limes, sweetened condensed milk, and velvety egg yolks. The natural tartness of the key limes infuses the filling with a citrusy brightness, while the sweetened condensed milk brings a creamy richness that balances the overall flavor profile. Whisk these ingredients together until smooth and pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
As the pie bakes to perfection, the filling sets into a silky texture, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and tangy notes. Once cooled, the Key Lime Pie can be crowned with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkling of lime zest for an extra layer of visual appeal.
– 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
– ¾ cup key lime juice
– ½ cup sour cream
– 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
– 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust and place the pie on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. The filling will be wobbly but not browned.
5. Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool, then thoroughly chill the pie in the refrigerator before serving, about 1 hour.
6. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
Whether you’re hosting a summer soiree or simply craving a taste of the tropics, this Key Lime Pie recipe offers a quick and satisfying solution. Revel in the simplicity of the process and the delight it brings to your palate. With its zesty charm and effortless preparation, this homemade Key Lime Pie is destined to become a go-to dessert in your repertoire.